A practical 7 hour YAP accredited (CPD) Gong Yoga training workshop for yoga teachers, online & in-person available. Learn everything you need to deliver unique, powerful sound-driven yoga sessions, safely & skillfully.
Next course will be online in September, date TBC, Please contact us to register your interest. The online course involves 1 hour pre-course assignment, 4 hours online tuition, and a post course assignment of 2 hours.
We provide an accompanying manual, plus access to videos of gong yoga classes, & suggested meditation, pranayama, & nidra practices. You will receive individual feedback on submitted assignments.
We offer ongoing support, and help sourcing discounted gongs & equipment via our private Facebook group.
In Person £150
Open to existing yoga teachers who are accredited gong practitioners, and also to accredited sound therapists who wish to work with yoga teachers. Knowledge of yoga concepts and terms such as Prana, Subtle Body, Pranayama, Asana etc is expected, along with practical knowledge of common asanas. Proof of accreditation must be provided. YAP CPD (7 points) only available to yoga teachers on successful completion of the entire course, including assignments.
- Understand how Gongs can enhance asana, meditation, pranayama & nidra.
- Learn how to play in order to achieve states such as focus, energy or relaxation.
- Explore different ways of mapping the gong & how to apply this to yoga poses & meditation.
- Considerations for sequencing a Gong Yoga class.
- How to teach a Gong Yoga class on your own or with the help of a sound therapist.
- Understand the contraindications & safety considerations.
- Explore how gongs can be used with the different styles of yoga.
- Identify different types of gong, stands and mallets.
- Understand some of the science of gongs, current scientific research, and possible health benefits.
A certificate of completion will be made available only to those who attend the entire course plus assignments. This qualifies for YAP CPD points (7) for yoga teachers only.
All gongs and sound equipment will be provided by us for the in person weekend. Yoga equipment will not be provided. It is highly recommended that you have a gong available to play during the online training, to reinforce learning – time will be allocated to practising.
Please contact Suzanne for more information.
Earlybird & Full Price T&Cs
The fees are subject to our normal terms and conditions and is non-refundable but may be transferable subject to our discretion.