Gong yoga training; because gongs are not just for savasana
Our Gong Yoga Training adds a unique edge to your teaching.
This 40 hour training course teaches everything you need to deliver unique, powerful sound-driven yoga sessions.
Open to existing yoga teachers with some gong playing experience, and sound therapists who wish to work with yoga teachers.
- Understand how Gongs can enhance asana, meditation, pranayama & nidra.
- Learn how to play in order to achieve states such as focus, energy or relaxation.
- Explore different ways of mapping the gong & how to apply this to yoga poses & meditation.
- Learn to sequence a Gong Yoga class.
- Teach a Gong Yoga class on your own or with the help of a sound therapist.
- Know the contraindications so you can teach Gong Yoga safely and mindfully.
- Gain a basic overview of other sound instruments and how they can be used.
- Understand the benefits of using Gongs in a Yoga Class to maximise their effectiveness.
- Use gongs in Yoga Therapy. How to play gongs safely & therapeutically in a 1-2-1 setting.
- Market Gong Yoga successfully and use it as a point of difference.
- Explore gongs in relation to the different styles of yoga.
- Identify different types of gong, stands and mallets.
- Understand the science of gongs, current scientific research, and possible health benefits.
The Gong Yoga Training consists of 36 contact hours (2 weekends in person & 4 hours of live online teaching), and 4 hours self-study. Because the training is overwhelmingly practical, participant numbers are limited to allow lots of playing time.
Please contact Suzanne for more information.