Gong yoga training; because gongs are not just for savasana
An 8 hour Gong Yoga further training workshop (YAP CPD Accredited) that teaches you everything you need to deliver unique, powerful sound-driven yoga sessions, safely & skillfully.
This course is also suitable for gong practitioners who would like to work with yoga teachers, or incorporate gong into other modalities like Tai Chi or meditation.
Next course date TBC, 9.00-5.00 (1 hour lunch), Carisbrooke Hall, Marble Arch, London W2 2ER.
(7 hours in person, 1 hour post workshop assignment).
Ongoing support, help & discounted gongs & equipment via private Facebook group.
£125 Earlybird (£150 afterwards)
Not qualified as a gong player? Why not join one of our accredited Level One Gong Training courses?
(If you have qualified as a gong practitioner with Babacool previously, please contact us for a further discount.)
Open to existing yoga teachers who are accredited gong practitioners, and also to accredited sound therapists who wish to work with yoga teachers. Knowledge of yoga concepts and terms such as prana, subtle body, pranayama, asana etc is expected. Proof of accreditation must be provided. YAP CPD only available to yoga teachers on successful completion of the entire course.
- Understand how Gongs can enhance asana, meditation, pranayama & nidra.
- Learn how to play in order to achieve states such as focus, energy or relaxation.
- Explore different ways of mapping the gong & how to apply this to yoga poses & meditation.
- Considerations for sequencing a Gong Yoga class.
- How to teach a Gong Yoga class on your own or with the help of a sound therapist.
- Understand the contraindications & safety considerations.
- Explore how gongs can be used with the different styles of yoga.
- Identify different types of gong, stands and mallets.
- Understand some of the science of gongs, current scientific research, and possible health benefits.
A certificate of completion will be made available only to those who attend the entire course. This qualifies for YAP CPD points (yoga teachers only).
All gongs and sound equipment will be provided by us for the in person weekend. Yoga equipment will not be provided.
Carisbrooke Hall is in the centre of London and is very well served by public transport. There are numerous cafes, restaurants and shops within walking distance. Central London has a wide selection of hotels, guest houses and AirBnB’s within reach.
Please contact Suzanne for more information.
For more on Gong Yoga Training, read our Blog Post:
COVID 19 Refund Policy
Earlybird & Full Price: If this training is cancelled due to a change in Government guidance on COVID-19 which prevents the training going ahead then we will offer a full refund. You will also be entitled to a full refund on production of a verifiable medical certificate or Government letter requesting that you self-isolate due to COVID-19. Otherwise the fee is subject to our normal terms and conditions and is non-refundable but may be transferable subject to our discretion.