Gong yoga training; because gongs are not just for savasana
This Gong Yoga course gives you everything you need to deliver unique, powerful sound-driven sessions, safely & skillfully. Gongs can be used for so much more than just savasana in a class – this training will give you ideas, inspiration, and the technical ability to deliver.
This course is suitable for yoga, meditation & Qigong teachers who are also gong players, or gong practitioners who want to work with yoga teachers.
There is an accompanying manual emailed to you at the time of booking. The training is delivered via pre-recorded classes. There are suggestions for yoga, meditation, Pranayama, & yoga nidra practices.
We offer ongoing support, and help sourcing discounted gongs & equipment via our private Facebook group.
Not qualified as a gong player? Why not join one of our accredited Level One Gong Training courses?
Open to existing yoga teachers who are accredited gong practitioners, and also to accredited sound therapists who wish to work with yoga teachers. Knowledge of yoga concepts and terms such as Prana, subtle body, pranayama, asana etc is expected. Proof of accreditation must be provided.
- Understand how Gongs can enhance poses, meditation, Pranayama & nidra.
- Learn how to play in order to achieve states such as focus, energy or relaxation.
- Explore different ways of mapping the gong & how to apply this to yoga poses & meditation.
- Considerations for sequencing a Gong Yoga class.
- How to teach a Gong Yoga class on your own or with the help of a sound therapist.
- Understand the contraindications & safety considerations.
- Explore how gongs can be used with the different styles of yoga.
- Identify different types of gong, stands and mallets.
- Understand some of the science of gongs, current scientific research, and possible health benefits.
It is highly recommended that you have a gong available to play as you watch the videos, to reinforce learning.
Please contact Suzanne for more information.
For more on Gong Yoga Training, read our Blog Post: