Interested in learning to play the gong? We offer intensive gong training courses that will start you on your gong journey whether you wish to just use the gong to enhance your personal meditation practice, to incorporate the gong into your work, or to run commercial gong baths. We limit the number of students on our courses to maximise gong playing time and to ensure personal attention.
Babacool is a registered CMA (The Complementary Medical Association) college and our gong training is accredited by them. On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate and will be eligible for membership of the CMA. Our courses are also fully insurable and underwritten.
Previous Student Testimonial
Previous students have gone on to run successful sound baths and 1-2-1 healing practices, as well as incorporating into their existing business – check them out here.
Are you a yoga teacher with gong practitioner accreditation? Or a sound therapist who would like to work with yoga teachers? Our intensive, practical Gong Yoga Training is accredited for CPD by Yoga Alliance Professionals (yoga teachers only), and provides everything you need to provide unique, sound-driven yoga classes. Gongs are NOT just for savasana!
Our Level One course balances theory with lots of practical work. This intensive course consists of a full day of training with no more than four students per instructor to maximise gong playing time. Certification will be given upon successful completion of the whole course and a written exercise to be submitted after the course. The course is open and accessible to people from all backgrounds. No previous musical training or experience of playing the gong is required to take this workshop (we do suggest that you have experienced a gong bath or sound bath prior to the course).
Level One includes the following topics:
- The history of the gong
- How gongs are made
- The use of gongs and sound in healing (physiological effects)
- Playing techniques
- Types of gongs and stands
- Selecting suitable venues for a gong bath
- Creating a healing space
- Care and maintenance of your gong
- Ethical practices
- Business Considerations (insurance, marketing etc)
- Introduction to other instruments used in sound healing
For dates and locations of Level One Gong Training courses click here. Cost £275.00 per person.
Taking your gong experience to a deeper level – completion of Level One is a prerequisite for this course (please get in touch if you’ve studied with another instructor). This intensive course consists of a full day of training with no more than four students per instructor to maximise the opportunity to play gongs, singing bowls and other instruments. Certification will be given upon successful completion of the whole course and written reflections submitted after the course. Level Two includes the following topics:
- Playing with others
- Playing to larger audiences
- Playing in larger venues
- Advanced 1-2-1 Gong Therapy
- Use of stage equipment
- Advanced gong playing techniques
- Other instruments (Voice, Shruti box, singing bowls, Chimes, Drums, rattles etc)
- Incorporating gong with other healing modalities (Tai Chi, Yoga, Reiki etc)
- Recording Gongs (Equipment for all budgets)
- Streaming Gongs Live
- Structure and Theme in Gong Baths
For dates and locations of Level Two Gong Training courses click here. Cost £325.00 per person.
GONG YOGA TRAINING (YAP CPD Accredited)
This practical 8 hour YAP accredited (CPD) Gong Yoga training workshop teaches everything you need to deliver unique, powerful sound-driven yoga sessions, safely & skillfully.
Open to yoga teachers who are accredited gong practitioners and sound therapists who would like to work with yoga teachers. Knowledge of yoga concepts and terms such as prana, subtle body, pranayama, asana etc is expected. Proof of accreditation must be provided. YAP CPD only available to yoga teachers on successful completion of the entire course.
- Understand how Gongs can enhance asana, meditation, pranayama & nidra.
- Learn how to play in order to achieve states such as focus, energy or relaxation.
- Explore different ways of mapping the gong & how to apply this to yoga poses & meditation.
- Considerations for sequencing a Gong Yoga class.
- How to teach a Gong Yoga class on your own or with the help of a sound therapist.
- Understand the contraindications & safety considerations.
- Explore how gongs can be used with the different styles of yoga.
- Identify different types of gong, stands and mallets.
- Understand some of the science of gongs, current scientific research, and possible health benefits.
For dates and locations click here. Cost £125 (Earlybird), £150 thereafter (further discount available for those who have taken Level One with us – please get in touch for details). Level 1 plus Gong Yoga Training costs £325.
We also offer private Gong Training – please contact us for details.
Thinking about buying your first gong? Check out Alex’s brief guide.