WHAT IS IT?
Kundalini Tantra Yoga incorporates Kundalini and Hatha Yoga, Tantric practices, meditation, sound therapy, trauma release techniques, bio-energetic therapy and different styles of breathwork (including Oxygen Advantage / Buteyko, Tummo (Wim Hof method)).
The emphasis of the practice is the ancient wisdom of “Know Thyself”, understand your patterns of behaviour, your self-limiting beliefs and biases, and release them. Strip away everything that isn’t YOU. In the process you will develop the skills for dealing with the challenges of the modern age such as stress, burnout & information overload.
A typical class involves yoga postures and repetitive movement, breathwork, sound (Gong, chanting), relaxation and meditation. It’s a truly holistic practice incorporating all of the elements of yoga, not just posture – expect to move your body, breathe, relax, meditate and top up your energy levels exponentially.
WHY PRACTICE IT?
This style of yoga is suitable for men and women, young and old, beginners or experienced yogis. It can help with a wide range of illnesses and mild mental health issues, helps with pain management and fluctuating energy levels. Anyone wishing to make a change in their lives or who feels lost will find this practice useful. Anyone wanting to live in the fast lane whilst maintaining a health body and mind will also find it hugely beneficial. If you like your physical workouts to come with a big dose of relaxation, transformation and mindfulness, then this is the practice for you!
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Kundalini Tantra Yoga is a potent and effective system of personal development that allows you to access your own wisdom, transforming how you see yourself and the world. It strengthens the nervous system for increased resilience to stress and balances the glandular system for increased stability & vitality. As your self-awareness develops you will start to see things as they really are, eliminating destructive thought patterns & self-sabotaging behaviour. The techniques you will practice will help you access deeper levels of consciousness more easily, making meditation much more do-able.
We provide you with a toolbox of easily understood techniques that will allow you to manage your health, energy levels, emotions and mind. You will begin to build a healthy body, develop a calm, focused mind, start to understand yourself & the world more clearly, and open the door to achieving your full potential. With vitality and good health, and a relaxed, resilient approach you can meet life’s challenges more effectively
- Calm the mind & strengthen the body
- Correct Breathing Pattern Disorders
- Improve health & vitality levels
- Slow the ageing process
- Improve flexibility & strengthen the spine
- Release fears & limiting patterns
- Control anger, stress & depression
- Give you the tools to manage your health, energy, emotions & mind
- Improve sleep
- Relax and meditate with greater ease
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire is a key part of the practice of this style of yoga. This short video introduces you to the practice in preparation for your first class.
- The Kundalini Yoga part of the practice does NOT include Yogi Bhajan style Sikh practices. I do not wear white nor do I wear a turban.
- Avoid eating a large meal two or three hours before class
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Drink water and stay hydrated
- It is best to do yoga with bare feet. socks are perfectly fine during relaxation and meditation
- Cultivate the habit of going a little bit beyond your limits, but not to the point of injury. When you cannot continue an exercise, rest a moment then resume. Yoga is not competitive, it is about going within and being aware of what is happening inside your body. We practice the majority of the class with our eyes closed for this reason
- Women should avoid strenuous exercise during the first three days of their period.